An Advance Training Course
In view of the diversity of several products, including processed food and other items of daily use in the present day, authentication and confirmation of their Halal nature is a growing challenge globally. Beside the environmental contaminants, both biological and chemical, addition of non-halal ingredients, which is prohibited for Muslims, is matters of concern. In recent years, awareness about Halal food and other products is increased due to the cross contamination of several industrial products in our daily life. However, with increasing globalization, many Islamic countries import these products (or ingredients) from places which do not observe the Islamic religious laws. It is therefore, imperative for the Muslim countries to establish Halal testing laboratories which will ensure the ‘Halal statuses of the consumer products.
This one week training will focus on the following:
- To learn how to establish a Research and Development Laboratory for the investigation / analysis of non-halal ingredients (prohibited in Islam) in food, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
- To provide hands-on training on instruments involved in non-halal ingredients testing.
- To learn the procedure for the testing of most common non-halal ingredients such as detection of alcohol, pork meet, and pork fat (Lard) and detection of GMOs
- To learn the procedure for the laboratory accreditation for ISO 17025 and OIC/SMIIC 35:2020.
- To learn how to successfully participate in international proficiency testing.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The workshop is designed to address the interest of scientists and research scholars and technicians involve in food testing and research.
Applicant must be the resident of OIC countries.
Click here to fill online form for Virtual Participation.
Step 2: Read instructions in the application form carefully and submit a properly filled form.
Step 3: Selected candidates will be notified through email; hence, applicants are required to check their emails regularly.
TRAVEL & LOCAL HOSPITALITY
COMSTECH will arrange complete local hospitality, internal transportation, and sightseeing visits for all registered participants. Travel support will be provided to the speakers only. Participants are expected to get their ticket funding from their parent organizations.
TECHNICAL FOCAL PERSON
Prof. Dr. Syed Ghulam Musharraf
International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences,
University Of Karachi
Muhammad Haris Akram
Programme Manager, COMSTECH
Nisar Ali Khan
Deputy Director (ECL)