Click here for: Event Flyer
Date: 28th November 2022
Time: 9:30 am – 2:00 pm (Pakistan Standard Time)
Venue: Auditorium, COMSTECH Secretariat, Islamabad
Since ancient times, plants are known to be the source of cure for different aliments. The last few decades have witnessed renewed interest in the economical, safer, effective, and environment friendly herbal drugs. Most of these herbal drugs have roots in indigenous systems of medicines. Herbal medicines are known for their health promoting and disease preventing properties, and perceived as gentle and safe sources for treatment. Many OIC countries have been a historical custodian of such traditional knowledge for centuries. Countries including Pakistan and Indonesia have unbroken traditions of the use of herbal medicines, and have the potential to meet the global demand. Interest in Herbal medicine and traditional knowledge is increasing day by day, however, to utilize this opportunity, there is urgent need for research based scientific development, and standards based quality control of herbal dugs, efficacy, safety, as well as relevant regulatory enforcement.
With this background, COMSTECH in collaboration with the Embassy of Republic of Indonesia in Pakistan is organizing a one-day seminar to discuss the following topics.
- Use of herbal and traditional medicines in cultural and social perspectives
- Preservation of plant genetic resources and ethno-medical knowledge for their future use
- Safety, efficacy and standardization of herbal medicines
- Economic and social importance of herbal medicines
- Recent developments in the field of herbal medicine
- Healthcare providers, young scientists and policy makers will be made aware of recent development in the field of herbal medicine and their economic and social potential as sustainable and inclusive source of medicine.
- Researchers from Pakistan, Indonesia, and other member OIC states will interact with each other and foster linkages.
- Multinational interactions will lead to the development of international collaborations, research possibilities and publications.
- Popularization, collaboration and industrial growth in the field of herbal medicines/nutraceuticals/health food manufacturing.
- In Person (for residents of Islamabad and Rawalpindi only)
Venue: COMSTECH Secretariat, 33-Constitution Avenue, G-5/2, Islamabad
- Virtually through Zoom Meeting
Registration Link: https://forms.gle/oEotNvWPodksav1N7
Registration outcome will be shared through email, therefore, please give your valid email address. Participants will receive E-certificates.
Ms. Khazima Muazim, Programme Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Maham Yamin, Programme Officer, email@example.com