(Short-term trainings of already employed technical personnel of scientific laboratories in leading centers of excellence in OIC member states)
Call for the applications 2020
COMSTECH offers internships to technical personnel’s in developing OIC countries to enable them to spend 4-6 weeks at a center of excellence/ university in OIC member states, and learn the operations, trouble shooting and related details of state-of-the-art instrumentations. The purpose of these fellowships is to strengthen the capacity of technical manpower in the effective and optimal use of expensive and sophisticated research equipments. Their short term visit is expected to foster links for further collaboration.
Details of the call:
|Call Status||The call is currently open|
|Hosting Country||Various Higher Education Institutions in Pakistan and other OIC member states|
|Eligible nationality||Developing Countries in OIC region|
|Minimum degree held||B.S./ B. E. or equivalent|
|Duration||Max. 4 weeks|
|Field||Advanced Fields of Science and Technology|
Application submission mode: Applications can only be submitted through email to COMSTECH Headquarters, Islamabad, Pakistan (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org ) and would be jointly reviewed by an expert committee of the COMSTECH and Host institutions.
- The internships are for technical personnel’s working in instrumentation sections/ facilities of teaching institutions, and are in need of research training on various sophisticated instruments being used in their relevant fields. The candidate should hold at least B.S. /B. E. or equivalent in science or engineering field. The candidate must be a regular employ of parent university or research institution.
- There is no age limit for these fellowships. However, preference is given to young technical personnel’s and those working in Least Developed OIC Countries (LDC), or are from Muslim minority areas in Non- OIC states.
Internships are jointly awarded by the COMSTECH, along with Host Institutions, based on merit and need assessment.
Terms of the Training Fellowships
- The training is for a maximum of 6 weeks
- COMSTECH will support living expenditures of selected technical personnel’s, international low-cost airfare, and visa fee, if any.
- An honorarium of USD 250/per training will be provided.
- The host institutions will accommodation and training, and mentoring to the guest.
Submitting your application
- Applicants must complete the form and send it to (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applicants also need to send the following documentation:
- scanned copy of your passport, even if expired (page with your name and surname);
- CV, maximum five pages including publications;
- Supporting Statement from Head of Home Institution;
- Two reference letters of senior scientists familiar with your work. Please note that the Head of your Home Institution cannot be one of your referees;
- MSc certificate and relevant university transcripts;