The call is currently open
For good science, a systematic and focused program for capacity building of young scientists and engineers is needed. COMSTECH, in collaboration of key centers of excellence in OIC countries, announces the research fellowships for young researchers, scientists, and engineers (enrolled in PhD, Masters programs or involved in active research)in various fields. This is indeed an attempt to prepare next generation of scientists and engineers in OIC region to meet the challenges of future.
COMSTECH and prestigious CCoE member Institutions jointly offer these research fellowships to young researcher in OIC countries to enable them to spend 6-12 months at a relevant center of excellence in many listed institutions of OIC member states. The purpose of these fellowships is to enhance the research and development capacity of promising researchers and engineers, especially those at the beginning of their research career, helping them to foster linkages for further collaboration in their fields.
Details of the call:
|Call Status||The call is currently open|
|Hosting Country||Various R &D and higher education institutions of OIC|
|Eligible nationality||Member countries of OIC|
|Minimum degree held||M.S./Ph.D. or equivalent|
|Age limit||Maximum 35 years (For graduate studies), 45 years (For post-graduate studies)|
Eligible Countries: All OIC member states.
Minimum qualification held: M.S./Ph.D.
Host Institutions List of CCoE Members
Duration: 6-12 months
Field: Mentioned above
Age limit: Maximum 35 years (For graduate studies)
45 years (For post-graduate studies)
Application submission mode: Applications can only be submitted through email to COMSTECH Headquarters, Islamabad, Pakistan (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com ) and would be jointly reviewed by an expert committee of the COMSTECH and Host institutions.
- The scholarships are for research and advanced training. They are offered to young scientists holding at least an M.S or equivalent degree for graduate studies, and Ph.D. for post-graduate studies or involved in active research.
- Eligible applicants for the research fellowships are young scientists and Engineers who are citizens of an OIC country, or are employed by a research institution in an OIC country.
- There is age limit for these research fellowships. However, preference is given to young scientists (Particularly women scientists) at the beginning of their research career, and those working in Least Developed OIC Countries (LDC), or are from Muslim minority in Non- OIC states.
Research fellowships are awarded by COMSTECH, along with Host Institutions Joint scholarship Committee, based on scientific merit.
Applications /Nominations are open all around the year
Terms of the Scholarships
- The Scholarships are offered for Six to twelve months, extendable upon recommendation of the host institution.
- COMSTECH will bear international low-cost airfare and Visa fee, if any.
- The host institutions are expected to provide accommodation, living expenditures (Stipend), subsistence supervision, and mentor local trainings.
- Scanned copy of your valid passport,.
- CV, maximum five pages, including publications.
- Supporting Statement from Head of Home Institution.
- Two reference letters of senior scientists familiar with your work. Please note that the Head of your Home Institution cannot be one of your referees.
- M.S. /Ph.D. degrees and relevant university transcripts.