Announcement of the IsDB Group “Transformers Roadshow” for Pakistan
( Date: 4th May 2019 )
Application Deadline: 21st April 2019
Venue: COMSTECH Secretariat, 33 Constitution Avenue, G-5/2, Islamabad, Pakistan
The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is delighted to launch a new science, technology and innovation competition, “Transformers Roadshow” as part of its growing presence in Pakistan. Previous Roadshows have taken place in Uzbekistan, Bangladesh and Niger. Please visit the IsDB website for a report on the latest event in Uzbekistan.
Innovators from across the country are invited to pitch their ideas that support one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals to a high-level panel of experts, with the 03 best ideas being awarded prizes of $3,000, each. Each individual or team that takes part will have the opportunity to benefit from a day of masterclasses and mentoring from leading experts in entrepreneurship. The three winners will also be invited to the IsDB’s annual Transformers Summit which will this year be held in Senegal in December 2019, where they may find international investors for their ideas. All expenses will be covered by IsDB for the 03 winners to attend the event in Senegal.
Entering the Transformers Roadshow competition in Pakistan
A: Your innovative ideas:
- can be related to development of a product, a service or a system;
- must address a particular developmental challenge related to one of the following goals: Food security, good health and well-being, quality education, clean water and sanitation, affordable & clean energy, industry, innovation and infrastructure.
- must be scientifically sound and can be implemented using existing technologies.
B. There are no limits on the size and scale of your ideas. Individuals or teams of up to 3 people can apply for the award.
C. Preference would be given to ideas that are:
- are scalable/replicable in IsDB member countries without the need for a major reinvention or adjustment.
- demonstrate a self-growing potential in terms of continuing its expected effect (benefits and/or services).
- have a potential for patenting and developing into a commercial product or a service with an expected benefit.
- To download application form please click
- The filled form is to be submitted at the address: email@example.com
- Applications must be received by 21st April 2019.
- Each applicant may submit one application
- The twenty (20) shortlisted applicants would be invited to the Roadshow
- Each shortlisted applicant would be invited to a make brief 5-minute Powerpoint pitch of their idea before an international jury, who will ask questions for a further 3 minutes. Each individual or team would therefore present their idea for a total of 8 minutes. Details and program would be provided to shortlisted applicants.
- The Jury would select 3 of the best ideas based on the criteria listed under Items A and C preceding.
- Prizes would be awarded the same date (4/05/2019) by Dr. Hayat Sindi, Senior Advisor to the President of the IsDB, senior members of the Islamic Development Bank, and a member of the Pakistan Government.
- Shortlisted applicants may contact COMSTECH for boarding and lodging.
About the Transformers Roadshow
Launched in July 2018, the Transformers Roadshow is one of the initiatives led by the IsDB Transform Fund set up to support the IsDB’s strategic focus on capacity building and human capital development. Previous editions took place in Niger, Uzbekistan and Bangladesh, where the Bank has awarded nine innovators. The IsDB mission via the Transform Fund is to equip people to drive their own economic and social progress at scale, putting the infrastructure in place to enable them to fulfil their potential.
Circulated by COMSTECH on behalf of the Islamic Development Bank Group.
COMSTECH Secretariat, 33 Constitution Avenue, G-5/2, Islamabad-44000. www.comstech.org. firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here for Inivitation letter from IsDB